Because of YOU great things are happening in and through Oceanhills! Your generosity, sacrifice, and faithfulness are a catalyst for life change and transformation. Because of you more and more people are discovering the unfailing love of Jesus… In 2018 we are experiencing a mighty move of the Holy Spirit in our church family…
Because of YOU great things are happening in and through Oceanhills! Your generosity, sacrifice, and faithfulness are a catalyst for life change and transformation. Because of you more and more people are discovering the unfailing love of Jesus…
In 2018 we are experiencing a mighty move of the Holy Spirit in our church family.
1. God is meeting us as we gather on Sundays to worship- The Luke is packed out and the Spirit of God is moving the room and touching people’s hearts!
2. We are launching our Connection Specialist Ministry- key leaders in our church are meeting new people every Sunday and intentionally helping them connect, grow, and serve at Oceanhills.
3. The Protégé Leadership Residency just started and is going full throttle! Four residents are living in a downtown home with their director, DJ. Together they serving the Oceanhills community in a variety of ways and together discerning God’s calling for vocational ministry. We get to watch and see how God works in them and uses them this next year.
4. The creation of our new Discipleship Pathway at Oceanhills is in the experimental stage this fall and we are hoping to launch it full on in 2019. This means we’re honing in on the most natural and normal ways people are taking intentional steps of spiritual growth and making spiritual commitments.
5. There’s a lot of buzz around The Loft in our Youth Ministry. Rob just led a group of high school students down to Skid Row in LA and it was a powerful experience for all. Over 300 (yes- 300!) junior high students came through The Loft on a minimum day in September to experience fun and friendship through our youth leaders! We’re being contacted by parents who’s kids are telling them they want to be a part of their friend’s youth group at Oceanhills and they’re asking how and when to make that happen.
God is moving- together, we are going deeper in Christ and further in mission.
As we approach the last quarter of 2018, I want to ask you to prayerfully consider helping us move the mission forward.
This is a great time to check in on your giving –click here and login to The Hub to double check that you’re giving what you have decided in your heart to give. Or if you’re not a techie, you can email email@example.com and ask our Church Bookkeeper what your current annual giving amount is.
Our staff team is grateful that we get to serve you and this community. I’ve never been more committed to living out my life verse than I am in this season of my life. “I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” -Acts 20:24
In it Together,
Pastor Jon Ireland